Sunday, 4 January 2015

Parenting with patience, perspective. Coffee helps.




*insert relaxing chant because it's the school holidays*

Parenting, beware. It's a trap!!

I'm kidding (sort of).

My daughters are 9 (going on 15), 7 and 18 months, so I'm constantly straddling three stages of parenting. Well that's what it feels like anyways.


As a kid i LOVED the school holidays. No work, all play. I'm lucky enough to be able to spend the holidays with my kids as I don't work out of the home. That being said, some days are easier and more fun, whilst other days drag on and we struggle just to get along with each other. This article just got me thinking. Such is life.

I really must make a conscious decision to be present. Lower my standards and not worry so much about the dishes. Not to freak out about getting lunch out in time and try my best to ignore that pile of washing which grows exponentially. My kids don't care about that stuff, my kids just want to have fun. And that is a perspective more adults, especially myself, could definitely adopt from time to time.

In the end I want the holidays to be something exciting to look forward to instead of dread (yes I am guilty of that). I want to enjoy the holidays along with my kids.

Wait, I WILL enjoy the holidays along with my kids.

The Dad Network


Step 2,

1 comment:

  1. Great post and a good reminder at the start of half term. We all need a break including us parents. Instead of worrying about the little things and trying to make the holidays perfect. We're doing just that today. We have lots of great things planned for the week but today we're just relaxing...no worries on times or house work. Just enjoying the break.
    Thanks for linking up with us on the #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...