Saturday, 24 January 2015

Saturday is for Sharing #2

Cheers to the weekend, hopefully the next 48 hours are kind and restful to you. I've had another crazy, jam packed week wrapping up the kids school holidays. The kids can't wait to go back to school. I thought I would feel the same, but I will honestly miss eating lunch with them, the rare sleep in and the days spent at home in pjs playing board games and drawing pictures. Another week full of posts to make the soft matter up top ponder a little and the hairs on the back of your neck to tingle. I love a post which you walk away from with a new perspective, appreciation or even a bit of a giggle.








The Seven Deadly Sins of Parenting - Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Especially of envy and pride. I'm pretty sure MY daughters are Beyonce. Em over at Brummy Mummy of 2 had me in stitches as she outlines our sins which we all know we are guilty of. I did read this post whilst angrily texting the husband as to what his ETA was, whilst in my pyjamas eating someones leftover from 3 hours ago.

Eradicating Negative Parenting Behaviour - Have you ever read a post that felt like it was written for you? THIS is that post for me. This whole blog is what I need. Renee at Mummy Tries does a great job outlining some negative behaviours that parents may do and her experience in trying to stop these behaviours. This post just made me cry as it felt like she was describing my day to me. This post has really just opened my eyes and really just motivated me to try. I know that sounds weird but as Renee suggests, mummy tries! She really does.

My Un-Beauty Routine - Jenny at Baby Chaos had one of those "why did I bother?" moments that I think all mummys have had. Its far too common for mothers to feel... Meehhh. Bllleeehhhh. Uuuggghhh. I really wish it didn't have to be that way. Being a mother can be quite selfless. Babies and children need your love and care, thats just a given. Come on ladies, I think its about time we made the time to take care of ourselves. I mean, I brushed my hair today. Not a big deal except I hadn't brushed it in about 2 weeks. Dont worry, I'm working on it. I also lover her post on how she makes the most of nap time.

How many children is too many? - Janette from Life with six kids brings up some valid points on having what some would consider a large family. I mean, it really does just depends on the family. With three children already, I ask myself how many children till we are done. I ask myself just how much more washing can I do and how much larger will my dinners keep getting. The doubtful feeling of "am I doing enough for my kids?" is common in families with one child and those with many more. As long as the children are loved and cared for then numbers really dont matter.


The One With The Make-Up & Beauty Spending Ban - Ever "met" someone on twitter and just clicked. Sal at Umm Baby, is a soul sister. We both have 3 daughters and we both have a "healthy" interest with beauty and makeup. We are also both on a spending ban on all things related to said "healthy" interest. Sal was smart enough to set up a reward system while I'm over here twiddling my thumbs. Either way its always nice to have some support, even if its from the other side of the world.



Step 17,

4 comments:

  1. Awww thank you, I am glad you liked my posts, and I am glad I am not alone in my un-beauty routines! We should all make a deal to find more time for ourselves, though it feels impossible sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel impossible but my new mantra for 2015 is "I am more important than the dirty dishes!" We both are :D xx

      Delete
  2. HUN!

    I am still so touched by this mention that I'm still grinning ear to ear and feeling that warm, fuzzy feeling inside every time I remember.

    Thank you so much, more than the mention for actually coming into my life, be it from the distant shores of 'down-under' lol!

    I know exactly what you mean by missing the kids as they go back to school. Mine are still too young but I cry a little every time someone asks me when my Flopsy will be going to Nursery, because I will miss her so very much.

    Your blog is inspirational and up-lifting. Keep up the amazingness.

    Sal xxx | UmmBaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sistaaah! Least I could do... We should meet up for coffee! Some how haha :D aaawwww you need to stop being so sweet, such kind words are exactly what I needed to hear. Have a blessed day Soul sister Sal! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...