Friday, 23 January 2015

The Prompt - Family

Family means a lot to me. I place a great importance on family and maintaining relationships with family. Wether it be talking to mum everyday, sending wacky pictures of my kids to my aunties and cousins back home or consoling my sister in law when her father passed away. It's not always laughs and giggles. Families fight. Families get on each others nerve. Thats the truth and its totally normal. But what saddens me is when forgiveness is not seeked and the disagreement boils and bubbles under the surface and continues to grow until forgiveness seems to hard to give. 


I've seen too many ugly fall outs within families, between spouses and between in laws over the most trivial issues. The common denominator seems to be too much pride and ego and not enough humility or sentivity. In the end the ones who are most affected are the children. It really does take a village to raise a child.

I deeply appreciate my family. My parents left their family back home in Indonesia in the 70s and flew to Australia, a new land with hopes and dreams for the family and the life they would create for themselves. For the great sacrifices they have made, I always feel a great duty to my parents. To make them proud. To put a smile on their face after a long days work. 

I learnt everything I know from my family. I learnt good work ethic and the importance of hard work. I learnt persistence and perseverence. I learnt team work and compassion. I learnt to always give it your. I learnt how to argue fairly. I learnt how to share. I learnt how to be content. I learnt the value of family. Even though I have a family of my own now, I am still their daughter and they still just want me to be happy. Family, will always have your back.



mumturnedmom

Step 16,

11 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I love the list of things that you've learned from your family and I completely agree that it takes a village to raise a child. Having the support of a loving family behind you makes such a huge difference with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and lovely feedback Louise. Family really do make such a difference. Wishing your family a great week ahead xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post, and I completely agree with you. Family is so important and we do learn so much from them. I have so much respect for my mother, and I owe her a lot - everything in your list in fact. To know that your family is there for you makes you very lucky, it's definitely not something to be taken for granted. Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara for hosting! You've really given me an opportunity to visit my previous passion for writing, and also giving me a chance to just reflect and ponder. I am very lucky, and I try not to forget that. Sending positivity and laughter to you and your family xx

      Delete
  3. Really nice post. Family IS important. #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Tracy. Family is SO important. Have a great week ahead xx

      Delete
  4. What a great post, family is so important and your post highlights this wonderfully =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Jenni, have a wonderful week ahead xx

      Delete
  5. I completely agree with you on everything here. Family is what makes us who we are and makes those experiences more worthwhile, not the other way round.

    I always think about what kind of mess of a woman I would have become had I not learnt everything I've learnt from my parents?!? Every decision that I make today, or at least most, are in direct line with how they raised me, what I remember from my childhood and the advice they gave me. I can only pray, that as a parent myself, the things I teach my girls will also be as timeless and effective.

    Sal xxx | UmmBaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I think about that too. How differently thing could have been had I not had my parents guiding me. I try to always be thankful because I am truly blessed. Yes that stress of "what am i teaching girls here?" May our girls always be guided and protected xx

      Have a super blessed week sister :D

      Delete
  6. Lovely post & you're right, whatever happens our parents just want the best and for us to be happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...