Friday, 16 January 2015

The Prompt: Focus

The deeper I dive into this blogger world the more I like it. A recent tweet from Mum turned Mom caught my attention and really spoke to that little girl in me who secretly wanted to be an author when she grew up. Its up to week 50 and going strong. Learn more about The Prompt.



FOCUS

We all need a bit of it in our lives. Without focus life can get off track and unmotivated. I feel like I am constantly telling my children to focus on what they are doing. They just seem so easily distracted. I'm sure all kids are easily distracted. I try to make a concious effort to only ask of my children what I expect of myself. If we were to look at my level of focus on a day-to-day basis, well, its just not there. I am constantly multitasking. I am always on at least 4 trains of thought.

Theres the kids. The housework. Financial stuff. Oh I have to book the car in to replace the airbag. Wait, have i scrubbed and soaked my daughters sheets after last nights epic bleeding nose? I really should reply to the facebook message from an old friend who lives overseas. Oh shoot I promised to take the kids and their school friends to the movies at least once these holidays. How am i going to get from the baby shower to the wedding this weekend without going home first to change?

What, where was i? What day is it?
Sometimes I get thrown off my train of thought and I sit at the platform wondering which train to get back onto.

It seems the only person who needs to be told to focus, is myself.





mumturnedmom

Step 9,


7 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same! So much to do but nothing gets done cause I can't focus on what needs to be done! Great post!
    #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback Becky. I've promised myself to only multitask on two things at a time rather than four and I'm slowly learning to over look the housework. Hopefully this leads to a bit more clarity :) have a focused but fun week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to focus nowadays, I agree. I flit from one task to the next. It is so difficult without writing things down to focus myself more. #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for cimmenting Bec. I am such a list person too! If i dont write it down i will forget it. Hopefully we both get a bit more focused in our everyday lives. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can relate to this, love your train analogy at the end! I think we often just try to do too much, and as a result don't really manage to do anything at all, it just gets too overwhelming. Good luck with finding your focus x Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt and sorry it's taken such a long time for me to come and comment this week! Hope to see you back again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew I thought my train thing was just too obscure to make any sense! Thank you for hosting and taking the time to read and comment. I will be most definitely be back!! From one Sarah to another Sara xx

      Delete
  5. It's relaly easy to lose our focus when we're trying to juggle life and be everything to everyone. It's important to be able to step back and focus. Lovely post. Hope blogging helps you find your focus x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...