Sunday, 8 February 2015

8 great things about my 8 year old

So Miss Middle, turns 8 today and I thought I would share some of my favourite things about her. I worry that sometimes she doesn't get enough attention. The words 'Middle child syndrome' are always flashing in my head, but I think she's doing pretty well.



I love...     


1. Her positivity - she is always spinning. In circles. She loves to twirl. But she also has this ability to put a positive spin on everything. Wether that is positivity, optimism or resilience I'm not quite sure but she serves as a reminder for me to lighten up and look at the positive side.



2. Her creativity - She gets excited when there is an empty toilet roll, or an empty bottle of juice because she can turn those things into a myriad of creations. When asked to tidy her room, the challenge is how she can make the room look tidy but with her creative flair plastered everywhere. That being said, she took the liberty of using all the ribbon in my gift wrapping box to decorate the underside of her sisters top bunk so she "had something pretty to look at in the morning when I wake up."

3. Her determination - she doesn't always listen to me. She has her own agenda. And if it really doesn't matter I let it slide and I let her get her way because I know she will get her way, eventually. I think a determined woman is a great thing. Determined women are capable women, who can achieve anything. Some people would call this being stubborn, but in following her footsteps, there is always a more positive way to frame things.

4. Her free spirit - she doesn't like wearing pyjamas. She does cartwheels at full speed down grassy hills. She jumps in the deep end of the pool without asking me how deep it is. She wears flowers in her hair as much as possible. I hope her free spirit hangs around for a while and is infectious to those around her.

5. Her friendship - I wouldn't term her as the popular girl in her class, but everyone loves being her friend. To the point where lunchtime can get sticky with everyone wanting to play with her. She is a bit of a people pleaser (uh oh thats from me), so she can never pick one friend over another. For some reason everyone playing all together is not an option. This new year meant she was separated from some her friends, but without hesitation she is friends with all the kids in her new class for the year.

6. Her sense of style - this stems from her creativity and determination. I cannot tell her what to wear. My only rules are weather appropriate clothes and no one can see her underpants. She has this ability to create new outfits and accessorise without much thought. She could teach me a thing or two.

7. Her love for the outdoors - MUMMY CAN I GO OUTSIIIIIIDE? Everyday, every afternoon, all the time. Considering we have a tiny balcony on the third floor, outside isn't always an option, so whenever there is an opportunity as little as taking out the rubbish or checking the mail box, she is all about it.

8. Her sense of joy and laughter - she loves a good laugh. She loves to make people laugh. She's been making me laugh since she was born. She loves a good joke book and she loves a good prank. I hope this joy never leaves her.


Mums' Days


Mami 2 Five

Step 35,

16 comments:

  1. beautiful post your little girl sounds lovely and its great how outgoing she is! #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post! I wish I was creative and had flair like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure you have it in you. Just channel the 8 year old inside of you :)

      Delete
  3. 8 is such a gorgeous age. My son has just turned 9 so I've just had the same year. They are such individual little characters now and such great company. Your little girl sounds like a little star. Tor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow up so fast though, dont they?!? I feel like some of those photos were taken just yesterday :(

      Delete
  4. She sounds beautiful. I'm always very conscious about our middle child (he's five) suffering from middle child syndrome. By nature he's always been more content in his own company than his siblings, but we're always very conscious he doesn't get forgotten in between the two louder, more demanding ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this worry, thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. She certainly sounds like she is doing great and not suffering from being the middle child. she sounds like a lovely girl, love the free spiritedness! X #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, such kind words, thanks so much :)

      Delete
  6. This is a gorgeous post. You daughter sounds lovely. I love the fact that she is a free spirit but is determined too. This is a great combination. I am sure it will mean the world to her to read this list when she is older. Thanks for linking up to #SundaysStars. Hugs Mrs H xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to show her, thank you for the kind words. I realised too while writing this post that some of these qualities are polar opposites but complimentary at the same time :)

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful post! Plus such a beautiful little girl. I get the impression that she doesn't get the 'middle child syndrome' thing at all - s to me it seems she's picked the best of either side and is perfect!!! Thx so much for linking up with such a lovely post. Steph xxx #SundayStars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for such a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  8. Oh I love this post - never mind the middle kid syndrome, she sounds so happy :) I can't wait until Rueben says I want to go outsiiiiiide...if he does. the backdoor will be permanently open :)

    Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha the struggle will be getting them back inside :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...