Monday, 2 February 2015

Menu Monday #3

Back to regular scheduled blogging! Today I thought I would share my favourite vegetarian recipes. When I say vegetarian, I mean no meats like beef or chicken. I might use a bit of dairy and some eggs, so please consider that before correcting what I term as vegetarian.


I also have to admit my big kids and my biggest kid aka my husband, don't like vegetables. They always get left on the plate or are termed as "not filling". This has meant a looonnggg term of trial and error to see what they will eat and what they won't eat. Swapping out one or two meat dishes for vegetarian dishes is an easy way to cut down on food costs and it's just healthier for you.

Here are some of our favourites.

Honey-lime sweet potato, black bean and corn tacos
Roast vegetable lasagne with spinach and ricotta
Mushroom and spinach risotto
Roast vegetable frittata
Falafel roll with hummus and tabouleh

Wow... I'm a little hungry after writing this post. What are some of your favourite vegetarian recipes?


Step 28, Sarah.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I cannot wait to try these recipes. I love vegetarian food. But hubby (aka the big baby indeed haha!) is a meat eater and considers veg as snacks LOL!

    If you want a little tip to getting more veg in their diets without them realising, here is what I like to do:

    - when I cook minced meat for lasagna or spag bol or such, I reduce the amount of meat actually grate in 3 carrots. Nobody knows and kids and hubby actually prefer the taste. Haha! Ignorance is bliss!!!
    - when I cook any meat or chicken curry, I always put in more veg (and a good variety) to the ratio of meat or chicken so then there's no choice but to eat some
    - recently I purchased one of those educational posters which has a whole lot of different veg & fruit pics which has really helped get the kids excited about it all. They love seeing which veg are on their plates from the poster. (might only work with your little one. the others might just look at you like you're weird lol!)

    Sal xxx | UmmBaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg sis so many great tips! I'm going to sneak in some more veges without anyone knowing :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...