Monday, 16 February 2015

Menu Monday #6

I'm taking part in a Pantry Challenge. I generally do watch how much I spend on groceries anyways, but lately the amount of junkfood in my kitchen is just at a level it doesn't need to be at. Get this, I spent $78 on groceries for a week. Mathimatically, a family of 5 x 3 meals a day x 7 days a week = 105 meals. Thats 75 cents a meal!!!




This weeks menu is some what international but without breaking the bank.

Thai beef salad with lemongrass dressing
Ginger, cumin chicken curry
Chicken pies
Sausages and quinoa salad
Potato curry

What are your best tips for saving money on groceries? Or better yet let me know #WhatsForDinner over on Twitter.




The Multitasking Mummy



Step 44,

8 comments:

  1. The chicken pies sound great! One to add to the meal plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually made them before but I can't wait to try them :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! These are great. I have to say mine are waaayy more boring and I need to spice it up a notch. Will check out these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I doubt your cooking is boring. i just have a lot of spices in my pantry that need to be used up.

      Delete
  3. nom nom nom, I love Chicken pies x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, I just never make them! Always time for firsts :)

      Delete
  4. You have hit the nail on the head with flavours I love, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well from past experience, bland dinners don't go down well in this house, come over for dinner next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...