Tuesday, 10 February 2015

My lipstick asked me, "What are you waiting for?"

No really though, what AM I waiting for? Like a lot of other makeup lovers, I have a stash, a selection, a hoard, call it what you will, of makeup. I'm sure other peope have way more than I do and have far more in depth collections of makeup but considering how much and how often I do wear makeup, I clearly have too much. FYI, I don't wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis and I barely wear eyeshadow to weddings.

So in my efforts for 2015 to declutter, my makeup is going on a diet and like sister Sal at UmmBaby, I'm on a spending ban. I like to look at it more like, it's time to wear that lipstick honey! I have some nice stuff in my collection, not to brag. I have a couple of YSL lippies, lots of MAC, more NARS blushes than I need and I just don't know what I am saving all of this makeup for. I feel like I have my everyday makeup and my fancy high end stuff which I save for special occassions. But realistically, most of this stuff will go off if I keep waiting for those special moments.

I did a big clear out and got rid of anything that was clearly unusable and then I also got rid of products I don't suit. We all have those products that we love but make us look dead or clownish. I let my girlfriends take what they wanted from that stash as long as they promised they would wear it, and it was all gone in 5 minutes, and I tell you I felt so light! My makeup drawers could open and close without any problems. I could actually see what I had! And I still had a lot. So I went through and found products on their last legs with hopes that I would just focus on these products and get rid of them asap. I've made some good progress and I feel proud of myself. Is that silly? I mean when I finish a blush, I feel the need to do a happy dance because blush takes FOREVER to finish. These are the products which I've either used up or are almost done with.






My favourite mascara is Maybelline's Illegal Lengths. My eyelashes are already long-ish and this mascara just give them that bit of extra length. I've never been one to have multiple mascaras open so mascara is never an issue to use up.

I'm also big on concealer. I tried MAC's Prolongwear Concealer and unfortunately I'm not a fan. It just didn't wear as long as the name suggests. I just wish I knew how to get all that product out when the pump just doesn't reach it!

Benefits Gimme Brow is a massive fave of mine. I am too lazy to shape, trim,wax or pluck my brows. I just let them grow in for the past 9 months and even though they aren't polished and perfect, I've noticed that fuller brows make me look younger and healthier. Gimme Brow tames them and fills in the random bald spots I have and its so easy to use every morning.

I am a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters. As you can see I love this shade and it's pretty much all gone. I have 3 more lip butters to work through anyways.

These MAC lipsticks were my first ever MAC lipsticks. We have Cherish on the left and Hug Me on the right. Hug Me is my all time favourite, it's your typical my lips but better shade. Cherish is more nude and even though I'm not into nude lips anymore, I've learnt to pair this with lip liners and lip glosses so this poor thing doesn't go to waste. I cant wait to back to MAC! A new lippy for free!!

That Avon Magix face perfector has helped keep the oil at bay over the hot Aussie summer days and it makes anything you apply over it glide on smoother and stick around longer.

The brow pencil on the right is also from Avon and even though its not the best I only have so little left I might as well use it.

Have you got any products on their way out? Or are you on a spending ban too?



Mummascribbles



Step 37,

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE make-up. I try to have a cull quite regulalry but it pains me to throw it out! I really should follow your lead and use up the make-up I have got that is on its way out. I, too, adore Revlon's Lip Butters. I think I have 5 or 6 shades. But Candy Apple is definitely my favourite. Great post! #TwinklyTuesday Hugs Mrs H xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have candy apple, love that shade! Seriously its the best feeling when a product is all done and you can throw it away. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a complete make up hoarder and save everything for far too long 'just in case' haha! Although why I have no idea because I wear the same stuff everyday. You can't help but ge3t attached to your make up can you? Especially if the collection is as impressive as yours!
    Ally @ www.messedupmum.com
    #MummyMonday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have seen some collections far more impressive, I could cry (tears of amazement of course). I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hoards makeup but it's kind of like hoarding yogurt, its going to go off one day so you might as well eat/use it before it does.

      Delete
  3. I always have make up that I don't use! I wear make up everyday but there will always be some eyeshadow duo that I just do not wear! I am so with you on the blusher too - I swear mine has been going for about 4 years and there is still so much left! It's definitely good to have a clear out every now and then as it does get a little manky. I am always on a shopping budget and hate it when I need a new mascara! They are so damn expensive! Thanks so much for linking up with #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a good makeup clear out, otherwise you just have tonnes of half used things and lipsticks without lids!! I like my basic makeup and really can't bare paying top £ for it but do love it when you've actually got it. Thanks for linking up, #MummyMonday xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...