Thursday, 5 February 2015

Thankful Thursdays

Feel free to join in on Thankful Thursday!

Hosted by Sarah at Creating Contentment

Here is another opportunity for me to highlight the many things that I am outrageously lucky to have on this Thankful Thursday.

A full fridge - I tend to shop for a fortnight because I hate grocery shopping. I would much rather get organised, plan meals and do a big shop that will last us a while and maybe duck in to the shops if we run out of milk or if I've forgotten something. That does mean my fridge tends to be full to the brim after our big shop, but if that is my biggest problem then I'm fine with that.

Having a car - I might sound spoilt but I didn't have a car last week, which meant a lot of walking and using public transport. It also meant relying on people if public transport wasn't an option. It actually also meant I slowed down for a week and dropped commitments I couldn't make because I would need a car. Having a car this week has been nice. But I have found myself rushing around again. Hmm maybe life was simpler without a car.

My small home - I tend to gaze in awe ar those big two mansions as we drive around in the car. But recently I've come to realise the pros of having a small home. I can throw things between rooms which saves me time and steps. My kids are never too far so I can keep an eye (or ear) on them while I get on with things. It takes me 8 mins to vacuum the whole apartment. I don't have to spend my weekends tending a garden (I have the opposite of a green thumb). Our electricty bills aren't crazy high. There are short comings but let's be positive here.

My stuff - okay I might sound spoilt again buy after getting rid of A LOT of stuff, I've come to realise I have some nice belongings. I've just come to appreciate what I have. We're in serious saving mode so unessential purchases have to stop, but really I don't need anything.

My marriage - I really don't mean to harp on about my miscarriage but it really has brought me and my husband closer together. I feel as though I've been a bit selfish with everything that's happened because my husband lost a possible son or daughter too and all the hopes that come with having a baby. He really has picked up a lot of slack around the house even though he comes home tired everyday from a physically tiring job. I have a few friends who are still single, and hey nothing wrong with being single, I am just very grateful for my husband and all that he brings to our life together.

Again, simple, standard (hopefully not boring) things to be grateful for. I've noticed with gratitude comes being content. That's a nice feeling. Wishing you all a week of being grateful and content.


creatingcontentment


Step 31,

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE your thanks!! It is really beautiful. I love these sort of simple gratitude. It is a great skill to be able to see the good in a bad situation.

    I apologise for your miscarriage. They are the most horrible circumstance. It is a loss of so much more than a baby.

    Thank you for linking up to #thankfulthursday xS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...