Sunday, 1 February 2015

The Month That Was - January

I sometimes can't keep up with the weeks to recap and reflect, so I'm hoping a monthly recap will fit in with my schedule and allow me to focus on the bigger picture. Sometimes a bit of time and distance gives you a different perspective on things. Hopefully I can keep this up all year.




What happened
- a new year
- a new blog
- a miscarriage
- the summer school holidays
- lots of decluttering and clearing out
- time at the beach with friends
- lots of new words from baby A

What I learnt
- always be thankful and grateful
- to say no
- to ask for help
- I don't have to do this alone

Monthly mantra
"I am more important than the dirty dishes!"

Hopes for the coming month
- more money saved towards our family holiday
- more debts paid off
- more clutter removed from the house
- for the weather to cool down a teeny tiny bit
- for a smooth start to the school year
- less yelling and more playing

Blogging goals
- streamline the blogs I follow and read
- thorough editing
- a more cohesive blog design
- better quality or more interesting images
- maybe tell my friends I have a blog??

How did January treat you?



The List

Step 26,

3 comments:

  1. You've been through some huge journeys this month and I love that you are so strong that you're keeping your head up and relishing this time and planning ahead. I am so happy for you for being so content.

    I have loved adopting your monthly mantra. It's actually meant that hubby has been rolling HIS sleeves up rather a lot more but he isn't feeling bad. He's just appreciating how much I actually do. LOL!

    I am now stealing your month goal of 'less yelling, more playing' because my throat has been in a bad state this past couple of weeks and all I really want is to relax and cherish this time that I have.

    Lovely post, as usual hun!

    mwaaaaaah soul sister

    Sal xxx | UmmBaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment sis xx
      Yes to hubbys rolling up their sleeves! My hubby too has really started helping much more around the house, its wonderful! Ok February mantra is "less yelling, more playing!"
      Have a blessed and relaxing February darling xx

      Delete
  2. Haha! I'm going to live that "I'm more important than dirty dishes" love it!!

    Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...