Friday, 20 February 2015

The Prompt - Dream

Dream. I hope my children never stop doing this.

Miss Middle has always had dreams and shared them with me. I love that about her. To her anything is possible. She shares her wacky, adventurous dreams with me in the morning and shares her dreams for her future with me before I tuck her in at night.

"Mummy I want to own a cafe with all my friends and we would all work together."

"Mummy I want to be a scientist and do experiments with liquids."

"Mummy I want to be a mummy like you."

Miss Big Big Sister, is a dreamer in a different way. She can get lost in a book all day and be taken off to far away lands to meet far away friends. When I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she doesn't know. When I ask if she had any funny or silly dreams last night, she can't remember them. My older girls are only 17 months apart but they are so different.





Enter my husband, who has BIG dreams and yet doesn't know what he want's to do. Hmm, my husband and Miss Big Big Sister are becoming more alike the older she gets. I guess the challenge when you are older is that you know you have a finite time, and possibly finite resources, to work towards these dreams. Things get in the way, life gets in the way. Which would mean that dreams and life are two separate things.

To live the dream, is that what the goal is? I look at individuals who are doing what they have always wanted to do or dreamed about. The common factor is hard work and determination and the attitude that anything is possible.

I hope my children retain this view that the sky really is the limit. I hope any disappointments or let downs don't cloud their view on what they are capable of. Dream big little darlings! Always dream big.



mumturnedmom

Step 48,

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sarah. Their uninhibited dreams are one of the most endearing things about kids :-) #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I hope that never changes, thank you for the feedback Renee :)

      Delete
  2. Maintaining that ability to dream is something that I wish for my children too. When they are young, they really do believe anything is possible, wouldn't it be wonderful if, even if tempered slightly by reality, we all still felt that way? Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes your children serve as reminders of the things you've forgotten. If anything is possible for them, then anything is possible for anyone :D it's always my pleasure Sara x

      Delete
  3. I always wonder about the idea of 'living the dream' when I think there's so much to be enjoyed and gained in the striving. I love the way kids dream though and like you, I'd love mine to always feel that the sky's the limit... Or beyond! #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder about the idea of 'living the dream' when I think there's so much to be enjoyed and gained in the striving. I love the way kids dream though and like you, I'd love mine to always feel that the sky's the limit... Or beyond! #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so true, sometimes the dream is the journey :) to the sky or beyond! my daughter told me she wanted to an astronaut today :) thank you for your comment Maddy

      Delete
  5. It's funny how different siblings can be... my daughter who is almost 7 used to get upset when people asked her what her dream was, what she wanted to "be" when she grew up, I think in a way it made her feel less than herself, if that makes sense. I want to be me, mama, she would say. But now she has grown past that and dreams big about becoming an artist, who knows what it will be next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow I never thought of that. Now that I think about it, my eldest would probably be in her head thinking the same thing. "umm.. I want to be me". Being you is more than enough :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely post!
    "Always dream big" Love this! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream as big as you can!! I think I need to practice what I preach :D thanks for the comment Tracy x

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of dreaming big. Ever since I gave birth Big Prince I put my wants to the back of the queue and if I'm honest, I'm glad I did. BP is 10, nearly 11, and that gave me time to figure out what I want to do. It turns out writing is my passion and I am literally living my dream. I get to take care of my boys as a stay-at-home mum and I get to write, every day!

    "Dream big" is one of the best things you could teach your little ones. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...