Monday, 30 March 2015

A day in the life of a mother of 3 children

So our weekdays normally unfold as follows:

7:00 everyones alarms go off, everyone hits snooze. 
Everyone else dozes off again while me and baby are up and ready to start the day




7:20 breakfast is prepped, lunches are being prepped ready to be packed, most people are dressed and ready to start eating breakfast




8:00 Daddy leaves for work. With enough "verbal encouragement" aka yelling the kids are done with breakfast and its time to pack bags, brush teeth, do hair, etc

8:45 I drop the kids to school



9:15 back home for baby and mummy play time. She leads the play and I provide the snacks!



10:30-11:00 sometime in between here baby is normally ready for her nap
This is my time to shower, blog, do uni work, house work, eat all the chocolate we have, etc.

12:00-1:00 she's normally up sometime between here so I start to get some lunch ready and play some more.

2:45 we leave to pick up the big sisters from school

3:15 get home, have an after school snack, start homework, start dinner. The kids miss their baby sister so much so the 3 of them normally occupy each other which gives me a chance to do more housework and start dinner.

6:00 hub is home and dinner is normally ready.



7:00 bath/shower time for all the girls hen bedtime stories

8:00-8:30 lights off and bedtime for the girls. I love how the little one understands its time for bed when her sisters start saying goodnight to mummy and daddy.



9:00-9:30 sometimes it takes a while for the little one to doze off, but when she finally does, its back to uni work, house work and blog work for me.

If I don't crash earlier I will easily stay up until past midnight.

Why did I think a recap of my day-to-day was so important?


Because it's quite clear that there isn't much time for quality time. I'm talking about that good, slow, quality time. I noticed my eldest was upset the other afternoon. I found out that she felt she never had time to play with her toys. And its true. Where is there FUN PLAYTIME?

So my husband stepped in and being the fun parent that he is, he brought out the skipping rope and we were jumping and laughing and having a great time trying new skipping tricks and trying to teach baby to jump. Yes we skipped, in our "cozy" living room, probably annoyed the neighbours downstairs, but I think that's all you need/ can get sometimes. A few hilarious moments spent together. And bedtime seems to go smoother if everyone is actually tired.

In our busy day to day lives, sometimes it's hard to remember to have fun. It's funny how you can live under the same roof as someone yet struggle to find time to spend together. I'm very lucky I have a husband who has the heart of a young boy who just wants to play all the time. 

How do you make sure to spend some fun or quality time with your children?


Mami 2 Five

Step 85,

2 comments:

  1. It's so busy isn't it with kids, just day to day stuff leaves little time for the fun stuff. I always like to have a fun bathtime or play a game before bed to get some quality time in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of how well structured your routine seems to be with 3 kids!! But I can imagine how hard it must be making sure they have time to play. I teach secondary kids and there is so much pressure put on them and some spend hours doing homework I wonder how they can find the time to be kids.
    Thanks for sharing on #SundayStars

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...