Friday, 6 March 2015

Leibster Award - Steps with Sarah

Sometimes I ask myself, where is my blogging going? And then the sweetness of the blogging world shines it's light and Beth at Lillybet decides to nominate little old me and 10 other cool bloggers for a Leibster Award. Not sure on the protocol if you've been nominated before but I am never one not to share blog love! A huge thank you to Beth, who has a great recipe for cinnamon twists (which totally poops on my recipe...). She's also jumped on the scrapbooking Project Life wagon, which I have secretly wanted to jump on to for a very long time now and has some very helpful and practical tips for new mums and mums to be. Thank you again Beth :)






In accordance to the rules, here are 11 facts about me.

1. I love coffee!!
2. I love breakfast food. It's very common to see mean eating scrambled eggs and toast at 11 at night
3. My favourite colour is coral.
4. I have a large small obsession with makeup and all things beauty.
5. I have 3 daughters and a small curiosity to see what it would be like to have a son
6. I am almost 30 and struggling to embrace that
7. I wish I was better at taking photos and painting
8. Favourite tv shows are Friends, CSI and Everybody Loves Raymond
9. I hate to clean but I love to tidy and organise (how does that even make sense?)
10. I am half way through my degree to become a librarian
11. I much prefer to drive manual cars.


And here are my answers to Beth's questions.

Why did you start blogging?

It started as a new years resolution to write in a journal everyday. But then I realised I share so much on social media (facebook, instagram) I figured I would merge the two and start blogging. I have always loved to write and a few recent writing projects and collaborations with great feedback just kind of pushed me over the line and here we are!

Which blog is your current favourite to read?

I read SO many blogs because each blog offers something different. I also come across new blogs all the times so I might have to resort to sharing the 3 blogs I have been reading for at least 7 years now

What is your favourite holiday destination?

Definitely Indonesia where my extended family all live. It's not really a holiday for us, its more like coming home even though me and my husband and children were all born in Australia. Goes to show home is not a place, its more of a feeling.

How long have you been blogging?

I started on January 1st of this year so that would mean 2 months now. Wow! That went quick!

Do your friends and family know that you have a blog?

I think a handful of friends know about my blog and my husband and children know but thats about it. I really want to work up the courage to share my blog with all my friends before my birthday. I really doubt my friends would even read it if I did tell them about it but hey it's all about being fearless and authentic this year.

Which post of yours did you enjoy doing the most?

Funnily enough the post I am about to mention was enjoyable to write but not for your typical reason. Dear little one was a quick letter I felt the urge to write right after I had my miscarriage in January. I cried while I wrote it, I cry when I read it but I'm glad I wrote it because it was all the things I needed to say but had no other outlet to express them.

Are you city or countryside person?

City! I don't like getting dirty, wifi is like air to me and I'm not really into animals. Hope I don't come off as prissy.

What beauty product do you recommend the most?

Sunscreen! Or anything that has SPF. The Aussie sun is HARSH and I try to always go out with some sort of SPF.

Have you ever completed a post and never published it? 

Hahhaa so many its actually not even funny! The most recent one was titled "when should your child have a mobile phone?"

Your favourite scent?

Chanel Chance and YS Parisienne and Victoria Secret Love Spell.

Favourite high street store?

We don't use the term high street but I think I've watched enough youtube videos to know what high street means and I would have to say sportsgirl and bardot. But does asos count??


My questions are:


  1. What motivated you to start blogging?
  2. What is the worst/most frustrating thing about blogging?
  3. Where did the name of your blog come from?
  4. Best blogging tip to share?
  5. Describe yourself in 3 words.
  6. Share a favourite quote.
  7. What are three things you can't live without?
  8. What would you tell 15 year old you?
  9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
  10. What are your interest?
  11. What is one food you could eat everyday for the rest of your life?

The Blogs I nominate.

  1. 2 Little Faces
  2. Slugs and Snails
  3. The Mad World of Mummy Marshall
  4. 37 weeks to love
  5. Tattoos and Tantrums
  6. Emily Cambrey
  7. it's mostly okay
  8. A toddler and a broken foot
  9. Little B's Mom
  10. OMG It's a Girl
  11. Laura Leanne
And thats my slice of blog love shared with the blogging world! Forward to these bloggers responses. Let me know on twitter if you choose to join in. This is such a great way to discover new blogs :)

Step 63,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...