Thursday, 19 March 2015

The journey to minimalism

Yes, this blog is about taking steps and a journey, but I still sometimes wonder what/when/where my destination is.

I came across Light by Coco and immediately became obsessed. That's not creepy, is it?



Coco is all about living light. I binge watched her Youtube videos and now I have a new burst of energy towards my Bag a week challenge. I was first intrigued by her capsule wardrobe for fall/winter. Yes, don't worry. I didn't know what a capsule wardrobe was either, until I went here.

Because Australian weather likes to keep you on your toes, I'm not sure when I will need my fully fledged autumn/winter wardrobe to be ready but it's all a process.

But then I realised Coco LIVES light. Beyond her wardrobe. I watched a tour of her apartment and kitchen (yeah, okay, that is a little creepy) and I was just wondering where all her 'stuff' was. I was just enthralled with the lightness and clarity of her home and life pretty much.



So then I looked at those books in my bookshelf that I don't need/read/want. Those flats that kill my feet are still hidden in the shoe cupboard. I have so many pyjamas. It's funny because I thought I had made some progress, which I have, but how much further do I have to go.

Go where?

If I were to list, where I want to go/be, it would have to be

  • content
  • happy
  • calm
  • clear
  • simple
  • focused
I can just see the benefits of truly living light. Coco has been on this journey for about 4 years now and I wonder if I will ever get to my elusive destination. Here's to hope and cutting out even more of the clutter.


Mums' Days

Step 74,

11 comments:

  1. I have been de-cluttering over the past few months, it's been a slow but therapeutic process and I do think it goes a long way to making you feel happier and able to see things more clearly. I'm off to check out Coco! x
    #thelist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is therapeutic! And happier is definitely something we all need to be :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your quest! I'd love to be more minimalistic. I wouldn't say I'm a hoarder, but there's more 'stuff' around than I like! x #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I'm a hoarder either but yes we have more stuff than We need :)

      Delete
  3. I really need to de-clutter as with having three children i have a lot of clutter in my home these days and it drives me mad x #thelist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh dear you sound like me! I recently made my 2 eldest make a list of 15 toys they want to keep and they found a loop hole and wrote things like ALL the board games, ALL the play do sets... Clever things haha

      Delete
  4. I am about to start my spring clean. I would love a minimalistic house like those on Pinterest. Good luck with your quest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhh i hadnt even thought to look at pinterest! Good luck with the spring clean :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds pretty inspiring to me :)
    I recently wrote a post How to declutter your life (the Green Way), it may be of interest to you.
    #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post was great!! Such a practical approach :) i'm aboutto make a cup of coffee and have a lolk around your blog x

      Delete
  6. This sounds totally up my street! I need to go check out Coco's kitchen (no I don't think it's creepy!!) - I am a terrible accumulator of, for want of a better word, crap. I'd love to kick the habit and live light too!!

    Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...