Friday, 13 March 2015

The Prompt - Gift

Gifts. Giving. Recieving. Sharing.

The thought always counts.

I like gifts. Who doesn't? The kind you can't always see or keep. The kind with no reason. The unexpected kind. 

The made with love, come from the heart kind. The kind you can't wrap or buy.




My children are the best gift givers, and I'm not even talking about mothers day.

My kids give me lots more than I give them.

My children give me purpose. Motivation. Hope. Laughter. Doses of reality. Clarity and perspective.

They give me kisses and cuddles. They give me accountability. They teach me something new everyday.

Gifts give opportunity for gratitude. Gifts give opportunity to look beyond yourself to see what you can offer to others. 

Gifts give room for generosity, because giving is always better than recieving.

"No one has ever become poor by giving " (Anne Frank) and I would have to agree.

mumturnedmom
Step 68,

3 comments:

  1. "My children give me purpose. Motivation. Hope. Laughter. Doses of reality. Clarity and perspective."
    I love that line. Children are a gift aren't they? If only I looked at mine like that more often. I envy you. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I had a gift from my son this afternoon - a red heart he drew, coloured in and cut out to give to me, along with a great big cuddle. It was just what I needed at the end of a stressful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, children are a precious gift. And it's about so much more than the gifts you can wrap. My children give me purpose too x Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...